Our program is designed to raise the standards of quality and performance in mobility equipment and conversions, ensuring the safety and comfort of those driving or riding in wheelchair accessible vehicles.
To maintain a consistent and elevated standard of quality, all NMEDA Canada dealers must be QAP-accredited. This accreditation not only benefits customers purchasing mobility vehicles, but also informs the public and the community of our members’ commitment to safety and quality.
QAP is about one thing – SAFETY.
Cutting a corner could cost lives – so safety is top of mind, all the time.
Each year, NMEDA Canada dealers undergo a third party audit to ensure they adhere to the QAP Rules & Guidelines. NMEDA Canada dealers must:
- Maintain a Quality Control Manual documenting processes, tools, training and facilities
- Have technicians trained and certified for the equipment they sell, service and install
- Provide 24-hour emergency service
- Have certified welders if performing structural modifications to vehicles
- Meet accessible facility requirements
- Maintain specialized tools and calibrations
- Maintain records of all adaptive work
- Maintain Garage Keepers and other required liability insurance
- Abide by the mediation committee’s decisions when a consumer complaint is lodged
- Abide by the NMEDA Guidelines