Quality Assurance Program™ Accreditation for NMEDA Dealers
NMEDA’s Quality Assurance Program™ (QAP) is the only nationally recognized accreditation program for the adaptive mobility equipment industry. Our program was designed to raise the standards of quality and performance in mobility equipment and conversions, ensuring the safety and comfort of those driving or riding in wheelchair accessible vehicles.
To maintain a consistent and elevated standard of quality, all NMEDA dealers must be QAP-accredited. This accreditation not only benefits customers purchasing mobility vehicles, but also informs the public and the community of our members’ commitment to safety and quality.
Requirements for QAP Accreditation
All NMEDA dealers participating in the QAP are required to:
- Keep a NMEDA-approved Quality Control Manual that outlines processes affecting quality and focuses on customer satisfaction, as well as compliance to applicable industry and regulatory standards and constantly working on advancing products and services offered.
- Have valid Product, Completed Operations, and Garage Keepers insurance.
- Employ certified welders (or equivalent in Canada) to perform structural modifications to vehicles.
- Employ technicians certified to work with the equipment they sell, install and service.
- Keep detailed records of all adaptive work for specific customer/vehicles for at least seven years for traceability and future reference.
- Undergo and pass an inspection/audit process at least annually by an independent Audit Firm to assess compliance to the QAP Rules, NMEDA Guidelines, applicable building codes, and Transport Canada Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS).
- Abide by the Mediation Committee’s decisions whenever a complaint is lodged.
- Have a dedicated phone number staffed by a dedicated and qualified service personnel, and offer 24/7 hour emergency service or support assistance to customers.
- Meet NMEDA shop facility and equipment requirements to assure ADA guidelines (or Canadian equivalent) are met or exceeded and customers are comfortable during fittings and on-site inspections.
- Perform weight analysis using calibrated four-corner scales to assure customer safety and completed product complies with all applicable motor vehicle safety standards and cargo carrying capacity requirements are maintained.
- Maintain calibration on measurement equipment to assure data accuracy and manufacturer installation instructions are followed.
- Utilize the NMEDA Servicing Dealer Agreement when offering products outside of the standard service area to ensure the product or service will be performed by another QAP-accredited dealer.